It has been awhile since I have blog. Has been wanting to blog pretty long but has been caught up my work all along..
Isaiah is in K2 now.. Or I can say another 7 months to primary one.
Lately a lot of topics about "not able to catch up"
Isaiah academic can be pretty worrying for teachers or some parents. He can't read very well yet although improving.
I didn't send him to any enrichment or tuition lesson till date. He don't attend any right brain training like SM or mind stretcher etc kind of classes. As what I can remember he attend little neuro tree for like 3 months and mama gave up lugging him around with a big tummy.
A few parents did ask me if I'm worried. Yes I do but not up to the extend of being very uptight and stress about it. I don't really share my method of parenting and that cause a lot of judgement on me and my kids.
I was sharing with his Chinese teacher today that I don't have expectation on Isaiah academic. She was pretty shocked to hear that I allow Isaiah to go back to school without learning his 听写. Reason is at times when he refused to learn, I will let him to go back to school with nothing in his head and ended up failing his test. He has to learn to be responsible to his own work and things. If he choose not to learn he have to face the consequences. Sounds crazy huh but it works. Although after some time he will slack back and be lazy again.. So he end up failing again and pull his socks up and be alert.
I always tell Isaiah "mama don't expect you to be a top student, hold a high position in ur future career, earn lots of money and live a luxury life. But mama wants you to love god with all your heart all of your days and be a righteous man."
Yes my expectation is pretty high on that.
The last thing I want my kids is to study for the sake of a better future, better job, better pay, better life. Our life is not determine by the education we received but the life that we actually received and live it out.
I myself is not highly educated. I quit school at secondary two but the people I work with daily is million or billionaire. I gain respect from them not by the amount of education I received but by the grace of god.
Being educated doesn't mean that one fully understand what is life about. I don't want my kids to live to strive for 3 meals or to please their boss or even to wait for death. You know when people talk about them seen through life like the work till old, sick and die...
I'm not saying education is not important. Is very important. But education in this generation has clearly take over the kids life that filled with piles and piles on assessment books or worksheet.
I leave the academic part to the teachers and briefing go through with them at home. I spend more time to talk to them and understand their heart, thoughts and feelings.
ihave many conversations with the teachers this year and making sure that we are communicating and making sure that are working hand in hand on Isaiah character building. I was telling the teachers I have no expectation on academics so don't feel stress talking to me every parent meeting not knowing how to answer to me why is my son like that. But I'm very serious about the values that school instill in my children. Although I don't have full control over it but I will share a lot to teachers about what I like or dislike to see or hear about. Thank god the school has been very cooperative even at times I share my concern over certain things.
I would love to have my kids loving god with all their heart (not only loving themselves), doing everything for God's glory (not for own desire), learning music to make music for God (not for grades), being generous for the poor (not for own's glory), being a husband and father that fully submit to God and impart wisdom to their children.
It seems abit scary and worrying for some parents including their own grandma but what I'm teaching them is to live by faith. Cause Even myself is living by faith. I may not know if next time what they will be, but I know as long as their heart is with God, they are safe and rich in blessings. Teach our kids the way of living and not the way the world lives.
Just sharing my thoughts on this =)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad




